In 2019, we are offering Danish courses at beginner, elementary, lower intermediate levels and FVU courses at level 3 and 4. You will receive qualified instruction adapted to your workplace and professional life. The courses are suited for busy professionals. We use a blended learning method with only one weekly class combined with online material for flexible self-study
Sign up for Danish classes
Courses offered this autumn
We offer five Danish courses at Nordea Metro in the autumn of 2019.
Please note that the courses require regular attendance.
Beginner course (A1.1 + A1.2)
- This is a course for employees with no prior knowledge of Danish.
- Classes will take place on Mondays 4:30-7:00 pm starting on September 2nd and concluding on January 6th 2020.
Elementary course (A2.1 + A2.2)
- This course is for those who already have a level that matches a completed A1.2 unit, or equivalent.
- To sign up for this course, you should be able to confirm most of the skills listed for level A1 in the CEFR framework.
- Classes will take place on Tuesdays 4:30-7:00 pm starting on September 3rd and concluding on January 7th 2020.
Lower intermediate course (B1.1+ B1.2)
- This course is for those who already have a level that matches a completed A2.2 unit, or equivalent.
- In order to be eligible for this course, you should be able to confirm most of the skills listed for level A2 in the CEFR framework.
- Classes will take place on Wednesdays 4:30-7:00 pm starting on September 4th and concluding on January 8th 2020.
FVU (level 3 and 4)
We also offer FVU level 3 and FVU level 4.
- These courses focus on improving your Danish skills in reading, spelling, grammar, written argumentation and professional texts.
- You need to speak Danish at least at a intermediate level to be eligible for FVU courses.
- To attend a FVU course you need to participate in a screening test. The screening test will be conducted on Tuesday August 20th between 4:30 and 6:30 pm at Nordea Metro.
- Classes will take place on Thursdays 4:30-8:00 pm starting September 5th and concluding on January 23rd 2020.
All the information
- The courses are free. The A and B courses are sponsored by Finanskompetencepuljen (The Finance Expertise Fund). FVU courses are also free, but are not sponsored by Finanskompetencepuljen. FVU is an official Danish course programme.
- Every course will end with a test and the opportunity to receive a certificate of course completion.
- The courses are offered to employees who will make the most out of the offer. Before you sign up, please consider whether you will be able to attend class at least 13 out of the scheduled 16 sessions (or for FVU at least 13 out of 18 sessions).
- There are no classes in week 42, 52 in 2019, and week 1 in 2020
- All courses have a maximum of 25 students per class. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis. We will have a limited waiting list.
- The A and B courses are not relevant for students beyond the lower intermediate level. Applicants who have a higher level in Danish should consider signing up for FVU courses instead.
Important information regarding FVU Courses
FVU courses focus on spelling, grammar, reading strategies and vocabulary. FVU courses conclude with an official test in reading and writing.
- You need to have at least a B1 level in spoken and written Danish.
- You need to have CPR-registration in Denmark
- You need to participate in a screening test before you can start.
The screening test will take place at Nordea Metro on Tuesday August 20. During the test we will assess wheathe or not FVU is the right course for you.
Questions or doubts
Let us help you
If you have any questions about the offered courses and which course to choose, we are happy to help.
If you are in doubt about your current level, we can help with a qualified assessment that will help place you in the course best suited for you.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will get back to you by mail or phone within a day or so.(From August 1st )
All employees at Nordea except consultants can register for Danish classes. To register please fill out the application form below.
The course registration opens on Monday August 5th 2019 at 9:00 AM. Final deadline for registration is August 14th 2019.
Keep in mind that the number of places is limited. We accept all eligible registrations on a first come, first served basis. We recommend that you sign up as soon as possible.
Register for the A and B courses - Registration for A and B courses is now closed.
Register for FVU classes