About our personal data policy
It is our clear goal to protect information in accordance with applicable legislation and to maintain transparency regarding our processing of personal data. In the following we describe how we collect, use and store personal data.
What personal data do we process and for what purposes?
We process personal data that is necessary in order to service our course participants and other stakeholders, including course registration, invoicing and sending information. We also use the relevant data in connection with applications for subsidies from public authorities and compulsory reports to public authorities.
We collect your data when you register for our courses or newsletters via our website www.kbh-sprogcenter.dk, by visiting our offices in person, or by telephone or e-mail.
We receive necessary data through these channels, including:
- First and last name
- CPR number
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
In connection with our courses, we also use data about:
- Arrival in Denmark
- Danish proficiency
- Employment situation/working hours
In principle, we do not process sensitive personal data (e.g. health information). Should this be necessary in rare cases, we will obtain your explicit and unambiguous consent.
How long do we store your personal data?
We store your data in accordance with applicable law. We are required to store data in relation to:
- The Danish Bookkeeping Act (5 years)
- The Examination Order (30 years)
- The Public Administration Act (5 years)
Who has access to your personal data?
Our employees have access to your data as needed for participation in our courses and to meet applicable legislative requirements, and for the purpose of sending information about activities.
Who do we transfer your personal data to?
Your data is transferred to:
- Payment providers for the execution of online payments.
- Public authorities in reports required by law.
- External partners, who may gain access to this data if they perform a task for us, e.g. in connection with the adaptation of IT systems. They process the data on our behalf and according to our instructions, they are subject to confidentiality, and they may not use the data for anything other than the purpose stipulated by us.
We have concluded processor agreements with all external partners who process data on our behalf.
Cookies at www.kbh-sprogcenter.dk
As a general rule, you can access our website anonymously. We only register your traffic on our website via cookies. We do this in order to improve your experience and make the website more user-friendly. You can manage or remove cookies by accessing the settings in your web browser. You can find a guide to managing cookies from the developer of your web browser.
If data processing of common personal data is a requirement for performance of the contract, no consent is required (see Article 6, EU Personal Data Regulation). This applies for purposes such as standard course registration, invoicing and bookkeeping.
To the extent that we collect personal data for other purposes, e.g. signing up for our newsletter, we obtain your consent as required.
In principle, we do not register or process sensitive personal data (e.g. health information). If, in exceptional cases, it should be necessary for the purpose of planning classroom instruction (e.g. dyslexia), we will collect your explicit and unambiguous consent before registration.
As we must be able to document that this consent has been granted, we will typically choose to obtain written consent, e.g. in the form of a check box. The consent can also be granted via e-mail or another means of communication.
In connection with the granting of consent, you will be informed in detail, including the purpose and process for withdrawing consent.
What are your rights?
Right to insight
- You have the right to request information from us about the personal data we have registered about you, the purpose of the registration, categories of personal data and recipients of the personal data, as well as information about the origin of this personal data.
- You have the right, by submitting a written request, to obtain a copy of the personal data we process about you.
Right to correction
- You have the right to correction of personal data about you. If you become aware of errors in the personal data we have registered, you are encouraged to contact us in writing to have the personal data corrected.
Right to deletion
- You have the right to have all or parts of your personal data deleted, except for when there is a legal basis for continued storage.
The right to data portability
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transfer this personal data to another controller.
Right to objection
- You have the right to object to our use of your personal data.
Right to withdraw consent
- You have the right to withdraw your consent, which you have granted to us for a specified processing of your personal data.
Right to complain
- You have the right to submit a complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5, 1300 Copenhagen K, Denmark, regarding our processing of your personal data. Complaints can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (+45) 33 19 32 00.
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures for the protection of your personal data. These measures protect the data from deletion, damage and changes, and from abuse or disclosure to unauthorized parties. Only employees with a genuine and objective work-related need have access to your personal data.
If you have questions or comments about our Personal Data Policy, or if you wish to exercise one or more of your rights, you can contact the controller at:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (+45) 33 21 31 31