Are you struggling with the written word in Danish? Then FVU can make a real difference! FVU is the right course for you, if you want to improve your Danish reading and writing skills.
The FVU course is free of charge - also after August 2018.
Many Danish second language speakers do not have the reading and writing skills required to study in Danish or build a career in Denmark. Here, FVU can help! The FVU reading program at Copenhagen Language Center is specifically designed for students with Danish as a second language.
Better reading and writing
FVU at Copenhagen Language Center
With FVU reading you will have access to:
- A passed level 3 test will qualify you for 9th grade
- A passed level 4 test will qualify you for vocational college (combined with mathematic, level 2)
- A passed level 4 test can also be used for your application for Danish citizenship
Flexible class schedule
Morning or evening once or twice a week
FVU Danish reading and writing proficiency consists of four levels as well as an intro course for Danish 1 students.
The FVU programme is flexible and you can attend classes in the morning or evening and either once or twice a week.
Every level is approx. 60 lessons with either:
- 2 x 4 lessons per week (duration 12 weeks), or
- 1 x 4 lessons per week (duration 24 weeks).
FVU lessons take place at Copenhagen Language Center, Tøndergade 14. We offer classes in the morning or evenings and once or twice a week according to your needs.
Lessons / days weekly
|Morning||8:45am-12:15pm||8 lessons / 2 days||4 lessons / 1 day|
|Evening||4:30pm -8:00pm||8 lessons / 2 days||4 lessons / 1 day|
The different levels
You will be assigned a class designed for your skill level:
- FVU Start focuses on spoken Danish and preparation for FVU level 1.
- In FVU reading level 1 and 2, we will practice writing simple words and short texts. We also read different types of text e.g. newspaper articles and brochures.
- In FVU reading level 3 and 4, we use words that are more complex and work with written argumentation. We explore Danish grammar in depth and read professional texts. Every level concludes with a test.
Entry requirements and FVU screening
Participation in FVU requires that you already speak and understand some Danish. Before being assigned to a class, you’ll be given a short placement test (screening) to determine which level is right for you. Sign up for a screening.
FVU reading and writing at Copenhagen Language Center is for all foreign citizens and Danish citizens with a non-Danish background who need to improve their Danish spelling, writing and reading skills.
You must pass a screening before enrolling in FVU. The screening includes an interview as well as a written test and takes about 1 hour and 30 minuttes.
The screening will determine whether FVU is the right programme for you. The screening also shows at which level you should enter the programme.
You can sign up for the screening if you:
- Are studying for or have already passed a Danish language exam, or
- Have lived in Denmark for many years and want to improve your Danish language skills, or
- Have exceeded your free Danish language study period
Sign up for FVU screening in our office in Flæsketorvet 60.
You can attend FVU reading while also completing your Danish language course studies.
You can also enrol in FVU even if you live outside of Copenhagen.
FVU reading if you are studying for or have already passed a Danish language exam:
If you want to improve your Danish reading and writing, you can supplement your Danish education with FVU reading. To join the FVU program, you must have passed:
- Danish exam 1 (PD1), or
- Danish course 2, module 4, or
- Danish course 3, module 3
You may still qualify for the FVU program even if you do not meet the requirements listed above.
FVU reading if you have lived in Denmark for many years and have exceeded your free Danish language study period
FVU reading might still be the right program for you, if you have lived in Denmark for many years and no longer are entitled to enter the free language program.
You may already speak Danish fluently, but want to improve your Danish reading and writing skills. Perhaps, your spoken Danish is not that great, but now you actually have more time to learn the language.
You must attend a screening before enrolling in FVU reading. The screening includes an interview as well as a written test and takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The screening will determine whether FVU reading is the right program for you. The screening also shows at which level you should enter the program.
Screenings take place at Tøndergade 14 on:
- Mondays, 4.30pm until approx. 6pm
- Wednesdays, 9.30am until approx. 11am
You can sign up for FVU screening here. If you have any questions you can contact our office in Flæsketorvet 60, 1711 København V.
Please contact our office for further information.
If you have questions…
Contact our FVU coordinator to learn more about the programme. Our office in Tøndergade 14 is open Monday 4pm to 7pm and Thursday 9am to 12.30pm.
Sign up for FVU – it’s free
Do you wish to apply for FVU classes at Copenhagen Language Center, please fill out our application form or contact our office in Tøndergade 14, 1752 København V.
FVU classes are free of charge.