With a Danish CPR number, you can learn Danish for free at Copenhagen Language Center. As of 1 July 2017, most new students enrolling in Danish courses will be charged a refundable deposit of DKK 1,250.
Do I have to pay deposit?
You will have to pay deposit, if you are in Denmark as an international student or a wage earner.
You do not have to pay deposit if your grounds for residence permit are:
- as a refugee or by family reunification with a Danish citizen.
- as an au pair
Students who started learning Danish at a language school in Denmark before 1 July 2017 can continue without paying a deposit.
The following rules apply for the refundable deposit:
- You may not begin attending Danish courses until the refundable deposit is paid.
- The refundable deposit is charged regardless of the module at which you begin.
- After passing the module test, the refundable deposit will be automatically transferred to cover the next module or it will be paid out to you if you take a break from your studies following the module test.
- The deposit is refunded in full once you complete your Danish studies with the final exam.
* Only applicable for new students who begin taking Danish classes for the first time on or after 1 July 2017.
How do I pay the refundable deposit?
More information coming soon...
The deposit can be refunded once you have passed a module test. The refundable deposit can either be transferred to cover the following module or paid out if you wish to take a break from your Danish studies after the completion of a module.
The deposit is refunded in full once you have completed your Danish studies with the final exam. The following rules apply for deposit refunds:
- The deposit will be automatically refunded once you have passed the final exam.
- The refundable deposit can be transferred to cover the next module or paid out if you wish to take a break from your Danish studies after the completion of a module.
- If you wish to transfer to a new language school during your studies, you must first pass your module test. You can then continue with the next module at the new school.
- In exceptional cases, you may be eligible for a deposit refund without completing your module/passing your module test. Please contact our office staff for more information.
Contact our office staff for more information about the refundable deposit.
Visit retsinformation.dk for more information. (in Danish)