IDA, The Danish Engineering Society, will continue to offer Danish classes to its international members in cooperation with Copenhagen Language Center.
You will receive qualified instruction adapted to your industry and job functions. The courses are suited for busy professionals. We use a blended learning method with only one weekly class combined with online material for flexible self-study.
We offer three courses this spring:
The level indicators (A1-C2) refer to the common European language levels (CEFR). Please choose the relevant course based on your current level of Danish. Find the definition of each level.
Beginner Online Course (A1)
For members of IDA living outside of the Capital Region, we offer an online course. The online course has the same amount of lessons as the regular course.
Together with your classmates, you will participate in a video conference with your teacher once a week. The lessons are conducted via Adobe Connect. In addition to the online classes, we provide digital materials for self-study.
This course is suitable for you if you are an absolut beginner.
Elementary Course (A2)
This course is for you if you have a very basic understanding of Danish and wish to improve your skills. The focus is primarily on oral skills, but we will also be working with grammar and basic writing.
The course is is suitable for you if you have passed module 1 or have an equivalent level.
Intermediate Speaking Course (B1)
If you are beyond the elementary level, you can choose our specially designed course which is aimed at improving your conversation and pronunciation skills, in order to help you make better use of your Danish at work and in your free time.
This course is suitable for you if you have at least passed module 2 or have an equivalent level.
Who, where and when:
- All courses are open to international members of IDA, who wish to improve their Danish skills.
- All courses consists of 10 class sessions of each 3 lessons (30 lessons in total).
- Each course costs DKK 1.400,- per student
- Class sessions take place on Tuesdays 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm from April 23rd till June 25th 2019.
- Class sessions for Elementary and Intermediate Speaking Courses take place at IDA, Kalvebod Brygge 31, 1560 København V. C
IMPORTANT: Members who have applied for courses held at IDA (Elementary or Intermediate Speaking Course) will be invited for a mandatory information evening April 1st.
We will be holding a placement test to ensure a successful course experience. This event will take place at IDA, Kalvebod Brygge 31, 1560 København V, room 104 at 1st floor from 17:00 – 20:00 pm.
- The online video conference sessions will take place on Tuesdays 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm from April 23rd till June 25th 2019.
- After registration to the Online course, you will be contacted by Copenhagen Language Center to ensure that your level of Danish matches the course level.
Apply for a Danish course
Please apply to the course of your choice by filling in the form below.
The final deadline for registration is soon as possible.
- Keep in mind, that there is a limited number of places. We accept all eligible registrations on a first come, first served basis. We recommend you to register as soon as possible.
- It’s not guaranteed that the courses will be established.
- It’s not guaranteed that the course will match your level, and therefore it’s not guaranteed that you after a placement test will be offered a place in a course.