Denmark is now beginning a gradual, careful and controlled re-opening process. Copenhagen Language Center is taking part in this process and carefully observing the recommendations of the Danish health authorities every step of the way.
The ban on classroom and school activities to combat Covid-19 remains in effect for adult education programs in the public sector. This means that our FVU Start, FVU Danish and FVU Mathematics courses will continue to operate as distance learning programs until further notice.
For private education programs under CEFR (our paid courses), we can now resume classroom instruction.
Good hygiene and physical distancing in school settings
Beginning on May 25 2020, students in CEFR courses may once again attend classes at Copenhagen Language Center. We will resume classroom instruction while observing safety measures in every respect. Read on for more information about what this means for you:
- Our safety blueprint for in-person classroom instruction
- The advantages of in-person instruction (with physical distancing)
- Ready to start (or resume) building and expanding your Danish skills
On Thursday March 12, 2020, Copenhagen Language Center suspended all Danish teaching that requires in-person participation. Since then, our students have only been able to learn Danish from home via online instruction and virtual classrooms.
Although online instruction will remain a significant element of our course offerings, we are very happy for the opportunity to re-open our doors. The empty hallways and classrooms these past few weeks have served as a reminder of how much we love having you all around. We are so thankful that we can now safely welcome you back for classroom teaching and “socio-educational” interactions!
Danish in your inbox
NEWS, OFFERS AND TIPS AND TRICKS TO DANISH
Our safety blueprint for in-person classroom instruction
To limit the spread of infection and to ensure a safe and secure re-opening phase, we are taking every precaution and strictly observing the guidelines and orders of public health authorities.
The guidelines from the health authorities in regards to in-person instruction at Copenhagen Language Center once again permits up to 20 students in the classroom. However, classes with max 9 students is still an option.
We are also taking a range of hygienic precautions to minimize the risk of contagion:
- At least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between every desk in the classroom.
- Classes can be conducted outdoors in our pleasant courtyard (weather permitting, of course).
- All teachers have received training to ensure compliance with the guidelines so that your learning environment is safe and secure.
- Classrooms and bathrooms will be cleaned after every class.
- Door handles and staircase railings will be cleaned twice daily.
- All other contact surfaces, such as coffee machine, water faucets, card payment terminals, etc. will be cleaned at least twice daily.
- Hand disinfectant will available in every room of the facility at all times and free of charge.
- Everyone will have access to bathrooms with touch-free faucets and soap dispensers.
The advantages of classroom instruction
Many of our students who appreciate and enjoy online instruction still miss having the option of classroom teaching.
Classroom instruction at Copenhagen Language Center offers a wide range of advantages:
- You engage with an intensive and stimulating learning environment.
- We have plenty of time to focus on your individual learning needs.
- Small classes offer even more opportunities for feedback on your vocabulary and pronunciation.
- If you are nervous about speaking up in large groups, a smaller class (maximum 9 students) may help boost your linguistic confidence.
- Classroom instruction and smaller classes also enable closer relationships with your teacher and fellow students – these classes transform “social distancing” into “physical distancing with social interaction”.
Ready for Danish?
The coronavirus has impacted all of our daily lives. But despite the current situation – or perhaps even because of it – learning Danish is now even more important for many people.
Copenhagen Language Center is ready as soon as you are to start (or resume) building and expanding your Danish skills. You are free to choose between learning Danish from home via distance learning and/or attending Danish courses at the school, where classroom instruction is conducted under strictly controlled safety conditions.
Check out our course overview to explore how you can continue learning Danish in these coronavirus times:
- Danish for beginners
- Danish for advanced beginners
- Danish for intermediate learners
- Danish for pre-advanced learners
- Danish for advanced learners
We look forward to helping you build and improve your Danish skills – in our Vesterbro classrooms and/or from the comfort of your home!